Health care reps to meet with students

Students interested in pursuing careers in health-related industries will have an opportunity to meet with employer representatives between 10 a.m. and noon today at the Houston Room in the University Center.

"Students will meet with representatives from schools and programs that offer graduate degrees in health-related areas such as medicine, dentistry (and) allied health fields," Sara Lee, undergraduate studies program director, said. "They will gather information and assistance with admissions requirements, prerequisites and curricula, as well as information about the particular fields they are interested in pursuing."

Students attending should dress in business-casual attire, according to a release.

Lee said that regardless of their major, students interested in pursuing a career in the health industry should attend the fair.

"The target audience for the fair is really any student in any major who might be considering a future career in a health-care field," she said.

Students do not need to bring r’eacute;sum’eacute;s, but those who attend the fair can enter a raffle for a free test-preparation course by Kaplan, she said.

"Students who are just exploring options at his point may also find information that would be helpful to them in the decision-making process," Lee said.