G-Unit group effort a failure

G-Unit members 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo are no strangers to feuds and beef with other emcees and with Terminate On Site the dirty laundry is aired out. Though, instead of making battle songs and diss tracks, G-Unit rhymes about how tough they are, rather than how weak their enemies are. Are they trying to convince themselves or their detractors?

Let’s review: 50 Cent and Ja Rule took their differences to the streets, while former G-Unit member The Game was ostracized for going solo. Tony Yayo targeted The Game along with Lil Wayne and joined in on 50 Cent’s beefs with Cam’ron and Jim Jones. Yayo even mocked Jones’ song "We Fly High ( ballin’)." The cover art and booklet feature photos of G-Unit fully strapped with guns with poses resembling scenes from a Michael Bay movie. I get it now; you don’t want to mess with G-Unit. Gotcha.

The album is executively produced by 50 Cent, proving that without Dr. Dre and Eminem, 50 Cent is an average-at-best emcee. The beats rocking the radio are missing and the rhymes are juvenile. Tracks such as "I Like The Way She Do It" and "Kitty Kat" may get some spins at strip clubs, the seedy ones. Is "shake that ass hoe" the best they could come up with? The rest of the rhymes sound like a 13 year old, wrote them.

"Straight Outta Southside" is a take on N.W.A’s "Straight Outta Compton" and is not even on the same level as the original.

"Let It Go" featuring Mavado is the only respectable track on the album, an explosive hip-hop song featuring a reggae-inspired chorus. After "Let It Go," the album again disappoints with "Get Down" as 50 Cent continues to proclaim he "runs the show" and "is No. 1 on the chart."

It is a shame Yayo’s talents are buried under what sounds more like a 50 Cent album than a group effort. Terminate On Site comes off as a collection of 50 Cent songs that weren’t good enough to make previous albums. 50 Cent should stick to projects outside of hip-hop like Vitamin Water. At least Vitamin Water is good.