Cougars to face Air Force in Dallas

The Cougars may have been looking forward to their game against the Air Force Falcons on their home field at Robertson Stadium, but it looks like their next home game won’t be happening in Houston anytime soon.

The Cougars’ game against the Air Force Falcons will be at 2:30 on Saturday at the Gerald J. Ford Stadium on the Southern Methodist campus in Dallas, Texas.

"It is the desire of both schools to play the game, and having the game at SMU assures us that our fans can see the game on CBS College Sports," UH Athletics Director Dave Maggard said in a press release.

The decision was made after deliberation by Dave Maggard and UH President Renu Khator to ensure that players from both teams would be safe and able to play the game they have prepared for all week. Weather forecasts predict landfall from Hurricane Ike along the Texas coast.

"Really, nobody knows what’s going to happen this weekend weather-wise, but this guarantees there will be a game this Saturday," UH head coach Kevin Sumlin said.

"They want to play, and so do we. So we’re going to move the game just to ensure that there is a game this weekend."

The football team will be leaving for Dallas on Thursday afternoon. Ticket information will be also be available on Thursday.

The game will be broadcast live on CBS College Sports and on the radio on AM-KBME.