Good Italian food at the right price

Fabio’s Italian Bar and Grill at 212 Westheimer Road is close to a convenience store, which could cause many people to write it off as some cheap place with horrible food. Those who think it’s inexpensive are correct, but the food is far from horrible.

When entering Fabio’s, one notices that the inside of the restaurant is intimate and classy. The lighting is relatively dim, and soft music plays throughout the small yet comfortable dining area, making it a perfect place for a night out with that special someone. Because of its size and ambiance, reservations and semi-formal attire are recommended for Fabio’s.

The presentation of the food coordinates with the upscale feel of the restaurant. For example, the mozzarella fritti, or fried mozzarella, is lightly garnished with Italian parsley on both sticks and the marinara sauce that comes with it. The spaghetti carbonara is spaghetti covered in a creamy sauce containing bacon, egg, and Parmesan cheese garnished with white pepper. Both of these dishes are $5.95 and $9.95, respectively, and similar prices can be found for majority of the dishes on the menu. Even better, these dishes are relatively easy to share with your date because of the bountiful amount of food served.

Fabio’s Italian Bar and Grill is one of the best-kept secrets in Houston because of the location and the classic Italian food at a very budget-friendly price.