Notable faculty quintet performs

The Moores School of Music will present a musical collaboration between several renowned performers on Tuesday.

The Faculty Wind Quintet will feature an established group of musicians with Kimberly Clark on flute, Anne Leek on oboe, Chester Rowell on clarinet, Cheryl Huddleston on bassoon and Roger Kaza on French horn.

The recital, originally slated for Oct. 12, was rescheduled. Music enthusiasts can catch the new performance at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Dudley Recital Hall in the Fine Arts Building.

The musical lineup features "Fantasia" by Dubois, "Trois piÈce brÈves" by Jacques Ibert, Taffanel’s "Quintet for Wind Quintet," and Milhaud’s "La Chemin’eacute;e du Roi Ren’eacute;."

Each performer has a background in music performance. Kimberly Clark is an assistant professor of flute at the Moores School of Music, and her performance will highlight the completion of her debut album of modern French music incorporating the flute, vocals and piano.

Anne Leek holds a doctor of musical arts from The Juilliard School, and her performances include playing and recording with such symphonies as the Houston Symphony, the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the New York Philharmonic.

As a recipient of a Performers Certificate in Clarinet award, Chester Rowell has performed with the Houston Symphony and the Houston Grand Opera as a long-contracted clarinetist/bass clarinetist for more than 20 seasons.

Cheryl Huddleston has also performed regularly for the Houston Symphony and the Houston Grand Opera and manages the double skill of being a pedagogue for exceptional bassoon players.

Roger Kaza is an assistant professor of horn at the Moores School of Music whose study of natural acoustics has led him to play vast arenas such as the Grand Canyon in addition to playing as a soloist with numerous orchestras across North America.

Tickets are $10 for general admission and $5 for students and seniors and are available at the door. Contact the Moores School Ticket Office at (713) 743-3313 for more information.