‘Fast’ fails to impress fans

Cars racing at insane speeds, intense action scenes and revenge are all ingredients for an amazing action-adventure packed movie. While Fast and Furious has all of the above, it’s missing one crucial ingredient – a creative storyline.

Vin Diesel and Paul Walker once again star together in this sequel as they first did in The Fast and Furious. Diesel plays Dominic Toretto or ‘Dom’ and Walker plays Brian O’Connor.

The movie starts with a high-intensity opening scene in which an oil-truck is hijacked by Dom and Letty, leaving audience members wondering what will happen next.’

Unfortunately, this scene is by far the most captivating scene of the entire film, which proceeds to go downhill from that moment on.

The movie continues with Toretto seeking revenge for a loved one’s murder. While searching for answers, Toretto runs into O’Connor, his old friend and enemy.

O’Connor is now working for the FBI to bring down the undercover drug schemes that, of course, involve illegal mod cars and racing to get accepted into their ‘company.’ He is trying to acquire information regarding an underground heroin kingdom that deals along the border of Mexico and L.A. Walker looks odd in a tie and suit, since most audiences are used to seeing him in an old t-shirt, jeans and Converse.

Toretto is still running from the law and somehow manages to stay at the house of his sister Mia (Jordana Brewster) without being caught, along with his long-time racing girlfriend Letty (Michelle Rodriguez). By this time in the film, Toretto is tired of running and wants to live a life of leisure.

Both characters somehow manage to bump into each other looking for the same person who has answers for both of them but, once again, Toretto disappears.

As the story slowly unfolds, O’Connor and Toretto end up tag-teaming to help each other find the answers they need. It starts up with high tech GPS systems, updated and exaggerated cars, a dragging story that leads to confusion and Toretto having ‘visions’ and somehow knowing what to do at the spur of the moment.’

Although the racing scenes are interesting, Fast and Furious lacks the creativity of what the original The Fast and the Furious had to offer. The breakdown of racing cars, the fun crew and just the overall sense of excitement is not present. The lackluster storyline is simply not enough to keep audiences interested in another sequel.’

Fast and Furious opened Friday and is rated PG-13.