Crime

Campus crime report: Jan. 9–15

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Thursday and Wednesday. All information is selected from the files of the UH police department. The information in italics indicates when the event was reported to UHPD and the event’s location. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHPD at (713) 743-0600.

Evading Arrest – A visitor refused to stop for UH DPS when an officer initiated a traffic stop. The visitor eventually stopped and the officer arrested and transported him to Harris County Jail.  The incident occurred Jan. 09 between 2:05 a.m. and 2:09 a.m.

Criminal Mischief – A student stated that someone scratched the exterior of his unattended vehicle parked in the Bayou Oaks lot, causing damage to the paint. There are no suspects.  The incident occurred between 6 p.m.  Jan.4 and 10a.m. Jan. 11.

Warrant – A UH DPS officer stopped a visitor for a traffic violation on 3500 Reeves Street.  The officer discovered the visitor had two active arrest warrants.  The officer arrested the visitor and released him to the care and custody of the Harris County Sheriff’s office. The incident occurred at 2:36 a.m. Jan. 12.

Warrant – A UH DPS police officer stopped a visitor for a traffic violation on 2400 Scott Street. The officer discovered the visitor had an outstanding arrest warrant.  The officer arrested the visitor and released him to the care and custody of Harris County Sheriff’s office. The incident occurred at 12:10 a.m. Jan. 13.

Theft – A student reported that someone stole his unattended and unsecured laptop computer from a third floor study room in M.D. Anderson Library. There are no suspects or witnesses. The incident occurred between 10:10 a.m. and 10:20 a.m. Jan. 13.

Warrant – A UH DPS police officer stopped a visitor for a traffic violation on 2900 Scott Street. The officer discovered the visitor had an outstanding felony warrant. The officer arrested the visitor and released her into the custody of Harris County sheriffs. The incident occurred at 1:32 a.m.  Jan. 14.

Theft – The manager of the University Center bookstore reported that someone stole several books from the bookstore. Video surveillance camera recorded a suspect placing books into a backpack. The incident occurred between 12:28 p.m. and 12:38 p.m.  Jan. 16.

Public Intoxication – A UH DPS officer observed a visitor sitting inside a vehicle parked in a moving lane of traffic. The officer determined the visitor was intoxicated. The officer released the visitor to the care of a relative and had the vehicle towed for safekeeping. The incident occurred between 4:05 a.m. and 4:12 a.m. Jan. 17.

Theft – A student reported that someone stole his unattended but secured bicycle from outside his residence in Cambridge Oaks Apartments. There are no witnesses, suspects or video evidence. The incident occurred between 3:30 p.m. Jan. 15 and 4:05 p.m Jan. 17.