Crime

Campus crime log

The following is a partial report of campus crime between July 17 and July 26. All information is selected from the files of the UH police department. The information in italics indicates when the event occurred and the event’s location. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHPD at (713) 743-0600.

Public intoxication: Campus police observed a parked vehicle on Cullen facing northbound traffic in the southbound lanes.  After investigating, one student and a visitor were deemed highly intoxicated and a danger to themselves and others by police. The student was issued a Student Life Referral. The incident occurred between 2:50 a.m. and 2:53 a.m. July 17.

Smell of marijuana: A resident of Cougar Place apartments admitted to smoking marijuana in her room after being contacted by campus police. The resident was not in the room when police arrived after being notified of a smell of marijuana coming from the room. The student was issued Student Life and Residential Life referrals. The incident occurred between 12:52 a.m. and 1:05 a.m. July 18.

Burglary of motor vehicle: A visitor reported her car, parked in Lot 20C, was burglarized. Campus police report there are no suspects or witnesses. The incident occurred from 4:00 p.m. to 7:35 p.m. July 19.

Aggravated robbery: A visitor reported being robbed at gunpoint on the first floor of the Cullen Oaks Apartments parking garage. The suspect demanded the visitor’s cell phone and keys to the vehicle. After failing to start the vehicle, the suspect fled the scene. The suspect was identified the following day and robbery charges were filed with the Harris County District Attorney’s Office. The suspect was incarcerated in the Harris County Jail on other charges by a separate law enforcement agency. The incident occurred at 2:43 a.m. July 15. The suspect was identified July 16.

Criminal mischief: A male suspect was observed shattering the window of an unattended and secured vehicle parked in Lot 21A. Police report the investigation is inactive. The incident occurred at 1:20 a.m. July 19.

Aggravated robbery: A student reported being robbed at gunpoint by two suspects while walking from the Bayou Oaks Apartments to his residence at the Calhoun Lofts.  A shotgun and small handgun were reportedly used in the attack. The suspects fled in a waiting vehicle after the student showed he had no money on him. The student was not injured in the attack.

Police are looking for two suspects: One medium-build black male, approximately 6 feet tall, between the ages of 18-25, seen wearing a black shirt, dark blue jean shorts, a black ball cap, with a red bandana covering his face. Another medium-build black male, approximately 5 feet, 11 inches tall, between the ages of 18-25, seen wearing a black shirt, dark blue jean shorts, a black ball cap, with a blue bandana covering his face. The incident occurred at 1:50 a.m. Monday.