Fans brace for seating and admission changes

Students cheering on the Cougars in Saturday’s season opener will undergo a variety of pre-game assessments and activities at Robertson Stadium.

For those new to the stadium and those that roamed the student section last season, certain things have changed for this year.  Student organizations, fraternities and sororities fill the parking lots facing Cullen Street and alumni tailgating conjures around the west side of the stadium in Tailgate Village.

On Saturday, the gates will open at 5 p.m., two hours before the game’s scheduled start. The first 1,000 students to enter will receive a free T-shirt. Student admission is free, but there is a change in the process of entering the stadium.

Students will still enter at Gate 10, but will be required to swipe their Cougar Card to verify enrollment. If students decide to leave during the game, there will be no re-admittance.

The availability of seats has changed slightly for this season after the south end zone, which previously tailored to student overflow, became a family zone. The upper north end zone that was designated for season ticket holders has now been designated to seat students as well.

Student-guest tickets went on sale earlier this week. Changes in the availability of student seating has led to limited number of seats to be allotted for student-guests. Students have been allowed up to four tickets and are limited to two in the student section.

At 6 p.m. today, there will be a pep rally held at the walkway between Moody Towers and Cougar Village.