UH notebook: Men’s basketball team to host 5 games during break

Even though the football team was unable to make it to a bowl game, there are plenty of reasons to stick around campus during your time off. Both men and women’s basketball teams will begin conference play. There are

Even though classes are out of session, there is still plenty of action going on at UH. The men and women’s basketball team will have nine combined games at Hofheinz Pavilion. | Daily Cougar File Photo

several other events around town that fans may find entertaining.

Men’s basketball to host five games

During the break, the Cougars (4-3) will play five games at Hofheinz Pavilion giving students plenty of reason to root them on.

On Monday, the Cougars play Nevada at 7 p.m. The game will be televised on Comcast Sports Southwest. On Dec. 11 the UTSA Roadrunners will come to town. The game is slated to tip off at 6 p.m and will be on CSS.

Sam Houston State comes to visit on Dec. 21. On the 30th, the Cougars will play Rogers State at 6 p.m and UCF at 4 p.m. on Jan. 8.

The team opens conference play against Southern Miss. in Hattiesburg, Miss. on Jan. 5. The game can be seen on CSS.

4 home contests for women’s team

After competing at the Duel in the Desert in Las Vegas from Dec. 18-20th, the Cougars will play at the Hofheinz Pavillion four times.

The Cougars will duel Georgetown Dec. 28 at 7 p.m. The next home game is Jan. 6 against Tulsa to open Conference USA play, also at 7 p.m.

The last is Jan. 13 when Southern Miss. comes to play at 7 p.m.

Golden Bears scheduled to play Illinois

Baylor will be making a postseason appearance close to home when the Bears face off against Illinois at Reliant Stadium in the Texas Bowl.

Baylor is returning to the postseason after losing three consecutive games to finish the season.

The kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m., and the game will air on ESPN.