Sharpshooter has delivered for Cougars

The Cougars have won a season-high 11 games in a row. The Daily Cougar caught up with guard Brittney Scott leading up to Thursday’s game at Tulsa (5-14, 1-10 C-USA):

Q: The team is 20-4, 11-0 Conference USA this season, how good is this team?

A: I think we’re really good because of the chemistry we have on the court. The way we play together and how the coaches are to the players, we are as one. We put together a good team.

Q: You had a huge performance against East Carolina on Sunday, what was going through your mind?

A: I think I play a key role on our team; my job and role is to score. Even if that isn’t happening I just try to provide whatever it takes for us to get the win every game.

Q: You have started 85 straight games, how have you been such an iron woman for the Cougars?

A: I put in most of my work off the court and it helps on the court. Hard work pays off — that’s what I’ve done.

Q: The Cougars have reached 20 wins for the first time since 2005, how significant is that in the resurgence of this program?

A: It’s really important. For us as seniors, the five of us, to be able to accomplish that our last year and to go out with a blast is a good feeling. I want to go out with no regrets.

Q: How important is it to get to the NCAA Tournament this season and make a run in March?

A: Any NCAA team’s goal is to make it to the big tournament, March Madness. We are just going to keep playing hard and see how far we get.

Q: How well has this group played together this season? How have your teammates made you better?

A: My teammates have a lot of confidence in me, and that brings a lot out of me knowing that I have the support of my teammates. At the end of the SMU game they were looking for me to shoot those shots because they have the confidence in me that I can hit them.

Q: What’s been the best part of being at UH the last four years?

A: Having these 20 wins this season and breaking records this year. Everything from individual records to team records has been great.