Crime

Campus crime log: Sept. 15

The following is a partial report of campus crime on Sept. 15. All information is selected from the files of the UH Police Department. The information in bold indicates when the event was reported to UHPD and the event’s location. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UHPD at (713) 743-0600.

Traffic Offense – Sept. 15 10:05 a.m. – Lot 16 B — A student reported that someone struck and damaged her unattended vehicle while it was parked in lot 16 B. The striking driver failed to leave any information. The incident occurred between 8:00 a.m. and 9 p.m. Sept. 7. The case is Active.

Theft – Sept. 15 11:09 a.m. – UC Underground — A student reported that someone stole his backpack from his Student Government office in the UC Underground. There are no suspects. The incident occurred between 10:40 a.m. and 10:43 a.m. Sept. 15. The case is Active.

Disorderly Conduct – Sept. 15 12:59 p.m. – M. D. Anderson Library— A student entered a college he has no association with and behaved in a manner that offended those present. A staff member requested a ban against the student returning to the college. A blind Student Life Referral was issued to the student involved. The incident occurred at 7 p.m. Sept. 13. The case is Cleared by Referral.

Disorderly Conduct – Sept. 15 13:51 hrs – Cemo Hall — A student was using vulgar language and causing a disturbance in a business class at Cemo Hall. The incident occurred at 1:51 p.m. Sept. 15. The case is Active.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle – Sept. 15 1:28 p.m. – Lot 18 A — A student reported that someone forcibly entered her secured and unattended vehicle while it was parked in lot 18A. The incident occurred between 8:28 a.m. and 12:50 p.m. Sept 15. The case is Active.

Theft – Sept. 15 1:38 p.m. – Melcher Hall — A staff member reported that someone stole a UH owned laptop computer from a desktop in her unattended and unsecured office in Melcher Hall. There are no suspects. The incident occurred between 1:25 p.m. and 1:35 p.m. Sept. 15. The case is Active.

Theft – Sept. 15 2:29 p.m. – Cougar Village — A student reported that someone stole her unattended and secured bicycle from the bike rack on the northeast corner of Cougar Village. There are no suspects. The incident occurred between 1:30 p.m. Sept. 14 and 1 p.m. Sept. 15. The case is Active.

Theft – Sept. 15 3:03 p.m. – Armistead Optometry Bldg. — A staff member reported that someone stole a UH-owned laptop computer from the Armistead Optometry building. There are no suspects. The case is Active.

Theft – Sept. 15 4:57 p.m. – Athletic Alumni Bldg. — A student reported that someone stole her unregistered bicycle from the Athletic Alumni building. There are no suspects. The incident occurred between 12:50 p.m. and 2:55 p.m. Sept. 15. The case is Active.

Traffic Offense – Sept. 15 6:21 p.m. — A student reported that someone struck her unattended vehicle and the striking driver failed to leave information as required by state law. There are no suspects. The case is Active.

Traffic Offense – Sept. 15 9:13 p.m. – Lot 9 C — A student reported that someone struck his unattended vehicle while it was parked in lot 9 C. The striking driver did not leave the information required by state law. There are no suspects. The incident occurred between 1:30 p.m. and 9:10 p.m. Sept. 15. The case is Active.