Campus

Pre-Law day prepares students for careers

Pre-Law students attended an expo sponsored by Phi Alpha Delta on Thursday in the University Center Houston Room to help them prepare for a career in the legal industry.

UH annual Pre-Law day, a free law school and organization fair open to all students, featured a number of speakers.

President of the UH chapter of Phi Alpha Delta, Vicky Cantu, said the organization is committed to helping students with all facets of law.

“This expo is designed to assist students with questions and concerns about the legal profession,” Cantu said. “Plus, we have a panel of experts from law firms that can answer any questions pre-law students might have.”

The event featured student panels, attorney panels and a financial aid workshop.

“We want students to be able to have a variety of topics and panelists to ask questions from,” Cantu said.

The event also offered tutorials and advice regarding the LSAT — the required entrance exam designed for those looking to pursue a career in the legal profession.

“Students were able to ask important questions and address concerns they have with taking the LSAT,” Cantu said.

“We think it is important for students to be able to talk to someone face to face about the LSAT; it is a big deal.”

Financial experts and loan advisers were also on-hand to answer student questions concerning the numerous expenses of law school.

“Students need to know they have options when it comes to getting financial assistance,” she said.