Thursday, April 27, 2017

Sumlin refutes reports of accepting Texas A&M position

Despite a report by Sports Radio 610 AM stating that Texas A&M will announce Kevin Sumlin as its head coach in the next 24 hours, Sumlin continued to say that he has not and will not talk to other schools until the football season has concluded.

“I said earlier, two weeks ago, that I wasn’t going to talk to anybody, period, during the football season,” Sumlin said. “I actually said that three weeks ago. Many of the things that have been reported have now been found out to be false already. I’ve been consistent with that and that is not the case.

“I haven’t talked to anybody. I haven’t said anything to anybody.”

After Sumlin spoke, Athletics Director Mack Rhoades addresses the media.

“I continue to say that we’d much rather have a coach that everyone wants than one they don’t,” Rhoades said. “He’s done a terrific job and I like where our program is and we’ll continue to work at it.”

Tags: , , , , , ,

• Brian

610 am should publicly apologize for bad reporting. Not only was this article written but. friday night 610's Barry Warner was reporting it, on air.

Does the construction along Spur 5, which will eventually impact the U.S. 59 north and south on-ramps from I-45, affect your commute to class?

• Yes, my commute will be dramatically different and much longer (36%, 38 Votes)
    • My commute will be slightly impacted, but it's not too much of a nuisance (29%, 31 Votes)
    • I don't commute/ I never use I-45 or Spur 5 (23%, 24 Votes)
    • I commute but had no idea about the construction (12%, 13 Votes)

Total Voters: 106