Softball

Goin’ to California

Freshman Sydney Gerbracht is one of eight Cougars batters with over 10 at bats hitting over .300. In 14 at bats, Gerbracht is batting .429 with one home run, three runs and three RBI. As a team, the Cougars are batting .377 and outscoring their opponents 68-20. The Cougars have also been a threat on the basepaths with 24 steals in 26 attempts.  | Hendrick Rosemond/The Daily Cougar

Freshman Sydney Gerbracht is one of eight Cougars batters with over 10 at bats hitting over .300. In 14 at bats, Gerbracht is batting .429 with one home run, three runs and three RBI. As a team, the Cougars are batting .377 and outscoring their opponents 68-20. The Cougars have also been a threat on the basepaths with 24 steals in 26 attempts. | Hendrick Rosemond/The Daily Cougar

The No. 23 Cougars (7-2) will catch some sunshine this weekend  for a five-game swing hosted by UC Santa Barbara.

The Cougars fell a few spots in this week’s ESPN.com rankings after a 2-2 performance last weekend.

Despite the mediocre record from last weekend, the Cougars have dominated their opposition through nine games.

As a team, UH is hitting .377, while holding opponents to just a .224 average.

Outfielder Reina Gaber is leading the Cougars in hitting (.520) and won Conference USA Hitter of the Week for her 8-for-14, six run, five RBI weekend.

On the mound Diedre Outon won Conference USA Pitcher of th Week in the opening week, and Bailey Watts tossed at no-hitter in UH’s 9-0 win over UL-Monroe.