Student Government

Candidates at a glance: Bandoh and Ramchandani

The UH Redvolution team of incumbent Cedric Bandoh and Senator Rani Ramchandani campaigns under the slogan “service above self.” Its platform consists of five branches that work to ensure students receive a Tier One experience in all aspects of their time at UH, according to the UH Redvolution website.

The Bandoh-Ramchandani group will work to better communication through the use of the online town hall forum ImproveUH and the UH Mobile App, which was originally created during the Bandoh-Turner administration. It will look to improve safety and security by bringing back Cougar Patrol, a student-led buddy system program, and installing more 24-hour security watchtowers around campus.

Bandoh and Ramchandani also hope to work with the city to expand their bike-sharing program to UH and continue to make the rebuild of Cullen Boulevard a priority. They also want to ensure students are continually informed of the new stadium’s progress and the Service Fee Memorandum of Understanding is followed.

The Redvolution team wants to increase student organization involvement by bringing campus leaders together under a Council of Presidents.

Candidate List:

Undergraduate At Large: Tanzeem Chowdhury, Sebastian Agudelo, Somtoo Ik-Ijeofor

Bauer College of Business: Sunil Motwani, Shadi Rafeedie, Juan Lerma

College of Education: Crystal Brumfield

Cullen College of Engineering: Ever Javier, Taisia Sturza

The Honors College: Samantha Joseph

CLASS: Dominique Champion, David Ghably, Elliot Kauffman, Catherin De Montaigu, Jonathan Garcia, Tatiana Lutomski, Andrew Knop

College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics: Nancy Shenoi, Samantha Matthew, Trent Fuller

College of Technology: Fola Alabi