side bar
Sunday, September 24, 2023


Hilton evacuated in incident

At 7:57 p.m. Sunday at the Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, guests and staff members evacuated the hotel because of smoke and a power outage.

The cause of the incident was a hydraulic pump malfunction in one of the hotel’s elevators. No one was injured.

The evacuees walked across the street to the University Center until the power was restored at 9:27 p.m.

“We have to look out for the safety of everyone at the College — especially the students,” said Fernando Cuellar, general manager for the hotel.

[email protected]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to Top ↑
  • Sign up for our Email Edition

  • Polls

    What about UH will you miss the least this summer?

    View Results

    Loading ... Loading ...