State

Not every college Spring Break has alcohol

For a group of UH students, the clichés associated with Spring Break — like beaches, drinking and wild parties, didn’t have an affect on their week off.

The 200 acres of land housing Six Flags Fiesta Texas enthralled two UH students to make it their Spring Break plan. | Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Multiple places in Texas have large crowds of college students on Spring Break without parties or alcohol.

“I wanted to go somewhere that was fun. Somewhere I could have a good time with my friends and not have to worry about a lot of drunk people on the roads,” said human resource development junior Shaaz Shahabuddin after going to Six Flags Fiesta Texas, one of the most visited places for Spring Breakers.

Many people decide to go to Six Flags because it is close to Houston and they enjoy the adrenaline rush they get from the rides.

“Waiting in those long lines builds up the anticipation for the rides, and it makes it all the more worth while once you get on,” Shahabuddin said.

Shahabuddin and his friends enjoyed the scenery, the bustle of the San Antonio River Walk, a trip to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! and the Ultimate Mirror Maze.

“Ripley’s was fun and interesting, but the mirror maze was a completely different experience and is something I think anyone of any age would enjoy,” said political science senior Hammad Syed.

For these UH students, Spring Break was about enjoying time away with friends in a relaxing environment with fun activities.

“This trip was uniquely phenomenal,” Syed said. “I got to experience this trip with my family of friends.”