Student Government

SGA seeks Cougars to fill positions

Although election season is over, students still have another chance to get involved with SGA this year as a member of the executive cabinet.

The president and vice president are calling all Cougars to apply for a seat in their cabinet. Additionally, students may apply for the five empty senate positions.

The open cabinet positions include chief of staff, director of public relations, director of external affairs and director of finance.

President Cedric Bandoh and Vice President Rani Ramchandani, both supply management juniors, hope fill the seats with qualified and passionate student leaders.

“This will be a great opportunity for students majoring in Communications, Political Science or Business, however it is not limited to other students who share a particular interest in these fields,” Ramchandani said.

“We are looking for students who want to be challenged in a leadership position and that share the same passion that Cedric and I have for this campus. There is no doubt that this will be a high growth and learning experience for everyone, but we want ambitious folks.”

SGA is also looking to fill five remaining empty seats in the senate: Graduate at-large, College of Education, Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, UH Law Center and College of Optometry.

Students may apply for both executive seats and the remaining senate seats on the SGA website. Applications may be found by clicking “Open Positions” on the “Get Involved” dropdown menu.

Students who are interested must apply by the filing deadline on April 12.