Crime

Two students robbed at gunpoint

Two students were held up at gunpoint in their Cambridge Oaks Apartments residence at 9:30 p.m. Saturday, according to a UH Police Department security alert.

Cambridge Oaks, home to nearly 600 students, saw an eventful evening Saturday when two residents opened the door to an armed man who stole their wallets and threatened to shoot them. |  Nichole Taylor/The Daily Cougar

Cambridge Oaks, home to nearly 600 students, saw an eventful evening Saturday when two residents opened the door to an armed man who stole their wallets and threatened to shoot them. | Nichole Taylor/The Daily Cougar

The man knocked on the residents’ door and pointed the gun at one student’s face.

He demanded the student walk back inside the apartment, all the way to the bedroom where the student’s roommate was studying. Once there, the gunman demanded both their wallets.

With their wallets, the man threatened to shoot them both if they did not stay in the room.

After the gunman left the room, they heard him enter the other bedroom before leaving the apartment.

The gunman is described in the alert as being a black, 5-foot male with a light complexion and medium build, wearing a red jacket and black pants. His weapon is described as a black, semi-automatic handgun.

According to the alert, there are three more people suspected of involvement in the alleged crime.

Cambridge Oaks residents feel the fear.

Architecture junior Edgar Rivera said he would not see security guards often, but, especially after this incident, he would like to see more of them.

“I’ve been living there for two years, and nothing like this has ever happened,” Rivera said.