Administration

Search begins for new audiovisual services manager

The search for an Audio Visual Services manager for the new University Center began Tuesday with a public interview with Colin Adams in the UC Bayou City Room.

The first of four candidates, Adams was interviewed by students and faculty for a position that works directly with supervising student and staff while coordinating all aspects of the A/V services in the UC, UC Satellite, A.D. Bruce Religion Center and all parts of campus that make reservations on a continuous basis.

Adams worked his way up from a technician to the director of event technology at the Westchase Marriott Hotel for PSAV, an international provider of A/V contract services. Adams handles the scheduling and clients for his hotel, and has managed both full-time professionals and students.

“Most of our part-time technicians are students,” Adams said. “They’re attending universities in the Houston area so I’m used to working with students. I understand their schedules, and that they’re going to have class and can’t always be up here.”

The director of video operations for the UH Athletics Department, Grantscott Greene, will be interviewed Thursday. Greene has served in his present role since 2002, where he designs, purchases and installs audio-visual technology for the department. He previously spent time as the assistant video coordinator at UH, and the video coordinator at Texas State.

Charles Grable, a former attorney, is scheduled to be interviewed on Monday. Grable has worked for the University of Texas, where he produced photography, graphic design and video projects for the faculty and staff. Grable also worked as the marketing communications manager with Panasonic Corporation of North America from 2000 to 2008.

The last candidate, Cory Welch, will be interviewed on Tuesday. Welch started as an audio director from KAMR-TV before becoming the graphics director at KVII-TV. Currently, he works as an A/V technician for the University of Texas Health Sciences Center.

Each interview will take place from 10 to 11 a.m. in the UC Bayou City Room. Students, faculty and staff members that have interfaced with the UC are invited to attend.