Events

Labor day weekend perks and adventures

TODAY

Travel: Find out study abroad opportunities to countries like Spain, Russia, Mexico, Italy, France and more. Learn about course credits, qualifications and internships from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Elizabeth D. Rockwell Pavilion of the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library.

Movie: The Student Program Board will be showing “Fast & Furious 6” from 7 to 9 p.m. at Lynn B. Eusan Park.

FRIDAY

Religion: The Muslim Student Association is hosting a weekly prayer from 1 to 2 p.m. at the A.D. Bruce Religion Center.

Off-Campus: Representing traditional Chinese acrobatics, the Golden Dragons — a team of skilled acrobats who started more than 25 years ago — will perform dances and theatrical techniques at 8 p.m. at the Miller Outdoor Theatre.

SATURDAY 

Off-Campus: A Thousand Colors, the Raven Charter, the Blackout Heist and Catch Fever are performing at 8 p.m. at Fitzgerald’s. Tickets are $5 and available online.

Fashion: Luxury brand dresses and beautiful evening gowns may not always fit your budget, but Rent the Runway is having its semi-annual online clearance sale. Several dresses will sell for 50 to 70 percent lower than the retail price. The sale ends on Labor Day, so visit their website at renttherunway.com.

SUNDAY 

Off-Campus: To celebrate 100 years of Indian cinema and Bollywood, the Indian Performing Arts will be presenting dances, music, magic and drama at 8 p.m. at the Miller Outdoor Theatre.

Off-Campus: Director Jem Cohen will feature shorts, performances and music videos in his latest film, “Museum Hours.” The film takes place in Austria and shows the development of a museum guard and an American who explore the city and art. Watch the screening at 5 p.m. at the Museum of Fine Arts. Tickets are $9.

MONDAY 

Religion: The Baptist Student Ministry is holding an old-fashioned barn dance, Howdy Party, with line and square dancing, bingo and country desserts. It will be from 7 to 10 p.m. at the BSM Building on Calhoun Road.

Food: More than 170 restaurants across Houston teamed up to fight hunger in the city. Together, the restaurants raised more than $1.2 million in 2012. Houston Restaurant Weeks 2013 ends on Labor Day, so check out houstonrestaurantweeks.com for menus and prices.