Food

Review: Eric’s Restaurant

Eric’s Restaurant inside the UH Hilton has a little bit of everything.

Food2 - Andrea Sifuentes

Andrea Sifuentes/The Daily Cougar

With a relaxed yet elegant atmosphere where even the non-alcoholic drinks are served in large wine glasses and a menu that varies from fried calamari appetizers and an 8-ounce filet mignon to a burger and sandwiches, Eric’s caters to a varied demographic of visitors, whether they be guests staying at the hotel, staff or students.

Named after Conrad N. Hilton’s son Eric, the restaurant is also in full-service, open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Among Eric’s many great dishes is the ever-popular Eric’s burger. What seems like a regular run-of-the-mill burger with the usual dressings — cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions and pickles — also comes with the 95-cent options of adding mushrooms or bacon. The plate comes with thin, crisp fries that complement the surprisingly juicy burger. Although a hamburger isn’t something hard to find, even on campus, this is definitely one of the better burgers UH has to offer.

Food1 - Andrea Sifuentes

Andrea Sifuentes/The Daily Cougar

Another popular dish at Eric’s is the Pollo Eric — a large cashew-crusted chicken breast with a mango habanero sauce that, oddly enough, tastes too much like honey mustard — more mustard, less honey — to me. The dish is accompanied by carrots, steamed broccoli and rice that go perfectly with any dish. The dish is a great concept, but the mango habanero sauce was too bitter for my taste.

Eric’s is currently promoting their lunch specials for dine-in customers only. The specials are available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday, and customers are able to choose from a wide variety of $8 meals.

All in all, Eric’s is a great place for all dining occasions with a beautiful room and great presentation.

For hours of operation and menu options, visit their website.