Calendar: Oct. 21 to Oct. 23

Today

Lecture: Sir Mark Walport, head of the UK Government Office for Science and member of the Prime Minister’s Council for Science and Technology, will give a lecture called “Climate Change & Energy: Challenges for Science, Technology and Policy” through the Cullen College of Engineering at 4:30 p.m in the Shamrock Room in the Hilton UH. Students must RSVP through www.egr.uh.edu/events.

Meeting: The Houston Undergraduate Research Network will meet from 6 to 7 p.m. in The Honors College, Room 212S.

Tuesday

Panel: The Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management will host thinktank sessions Tuesday and Wednesday to celebrate Hospitality Industry Hall of Honor Week. Experts and leaders will share their knowledge and offer the chance for students to learn, interact and ask questions of industry leaders and faculty on various subjects. The sessions will run 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday in various rooms of the Hilton UH.

Exhibit: The Blaffer Art Museum will present “Feast: Radical Hospitality in Contemporary Art” from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.

Enrollment: The UH community will have the opportunity to sign up for either The Metro or Hertz rental cars or both transportation membership programs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the area adjacent to Philip Guthrie Hoffman Hall.

Wednesday

Workshop: Business librarian Loretta Wallace will provide students with information on where to go to find business-specific research resources from 4 to 5 p.m. in the MD Anderson Memorial Library Training Room 10-F.

Info Session: Students can learn about the financial planning track and minor through the Bauer College of Business from 4 to 6 p.m. in Cemo Hall Room 101.

Ceremony: The 18th Annual Hospitality Industry Hall of Honor ceremony and dinner will host guests like La Quinta Inns and Suites founder Sam Barshop as well as other industry giants. The reception begins at 5:45 p.m. in the Shamrock Ballroom, followed by the ceremony and dinner at 7 p.m. in the Conrad Hilton Grand Ballroom.

Lecture: The Center for Creative Work is continuing its Arts in Houston lecture series with Jennifer Decker, the artistic director of Mildred’s Umbrella Theater Company, from 5 to 7 p.m. in The Honors College Commons.