Nation News

New to Know: Abortion law shot down, Putin welcomes gays for Olympics

The American Association of Pediatrics gives teenagers the green light to learn about safe sex.  |  Wikimedia Commons/ The Daily Cougar

The American Association of Pediatrics gives teenagers the green light to learn about safe sex. | Wikimedia Commons/ The Daily Cougar

10. According to Fox News, the Pentagon staged “arrival ceremonies” for fallen soldiers. For more…

9. U.S. engineers are safeguarding Afghani roads as soldiers leave the country, according to CBS. For more…

8. NSA tapped the phones of 35 world leaders this summer, according to CNN. For more…

7. A federal judge shot down parts of Texas’ anti-abortion law, according to CBS. For more…

6. According to ABC, Lenovo and Facebook may be interested in buying the BlackBerry phone company. For more…

5. The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests that teenagers should have access to condoms, according to ABC. For more…

4. According to CNN, the Cuban government will soon change the country’s dual-currency system. For more…

3. Russian President Vladmir Putin said that gays and lesbians are welcome to Sochi for the Winter Olympics, according to CNN. For more…

2. President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are both going on the campaign trail with democrat Terry McAuliffe who is in the running to be governor of Virginia. For more… 

1. Disney Research is developing technology that will allow users to feel the texture of simulated objects. For more…