Events

October brings spooky festivities

IMG_9503_Estefania_Badillo_1

In spirit of Halloween of Thursday, the University Center is offering students a chance to win groceries worth $100 by guessing the weight of pumpkins in the “Big ASSumption Pumpkin Contest” before Nov. 1. | Estefainia Badillo/The Daily Cougar

It’s time to finish October with Halloween spirit.  The UC OctoberFest event will be from 11
:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. with a variety of tricks and treats, like Little Shasta’s root beer floats and sauasage on a stick. Students will also have the oppourtunity to to decorate thier own mini pumpkin and create theri own Halloween costume.

The Campus Recreation and Wellness Center began hosting its annual haunted penthouse from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday and and will conclude the spooks today.

Students should bring their friends and be ready to get spooked and scared. Those who survive the terror will be rewarded with a free T-shirt from the University Centers.

The haunted house is not the only place students will experience chills. The thrills will continue tonight with a showing of “The Conjuring,” hosted by the Student Program Board, at 7 p.m. at the University Center Houston Room.

Students have a chance to win a bag of groceries worth $100 if they correctly guess the collective weight of the pumpkins displayed at the University Center. The contest will conclude on Nov. 1 followed by the drawing. Students must be within five pounds to win.

On Halloween Cougar Woods, will be serving lunch items to fit the theme of the day. From 5 to10 p.m. There will also be carnival games and a costume contest.

Festivities will end Friday with the celebration of the Mexican tradition of Dia de los Muertos from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lynn  Eusan Park by the Council of Ethnic Organizations and the Latin Greek Council.