Flashback: Arts flourish, past and present
From UH’s oldest building, Roy G. Cullen, to its newer ones, like the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, each campus structure tells a story — one of circumstance, prosperity and community.
Though the University was founded in 1927, each college was built separately. The Fine Arts Building was presented to the Board of Regents in 1967 and was officially opened to the community in 1972. The Fine Arts Building soon housed another campus arts institution: the Blaffer Art Museum, which opened in 1973. These, along with one of the largest university public art collections in the country, have come to complement UH’s Tier One research status.