Crime

Crime log: Jan. 26 to Thursday

The following is a partial report of campus crime between Jan. 26 and Thursday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at (713)-743-3333.

Criminal Mischief: A student reported an unknown individual broke the window to her room. The incident occurred at 3:43 a.m. Jan. 26 at Bayou Oaks Apartments. The case is inactive.

Terroristic Threat/Harassment: A student reported receiving veiled threats, unwanted phone calls and text messages from her former boyfriend. The former boyfriend was advised to stop all further contact and was issued a criminal trespass warning for Calhoun Lofts. The student did not want to press charges. The incident occurred between 3 and 5:30 p.m. Jan. 26 at Calhoun Lofts. The case is cleared by exception.

Theft: A student handed his cell phone to an unknown individual after the stranger asked to borrow it. When the student handed over the phone, the stranger drove off stealing the phone. The incident occurred between 2:45 and 2:55 p.m. Jan. 27 in Lot 18A. The case is active, pending new information.

Deceptive Business Practices: Multiple students reported being approached by an unaffiliated individual who observed a mechanical issue with their vehicles and demanded payment for making a repair. The incidents occurred between 5:30 and 5:55 p.m. Jan. 27 on Wortham Drive. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported her unattended and unsecured laptop computer was stolen. The incident occurred between 4 and 4:30 p.m. Jan. 27 on the first floor of the Science and Research Building 2. The case is active, pending new information.

Theft: A staff member reported two UH laptop computers stolen. The incident occurred between 2 p.m. Jan. 21 and noon Jan. 28 in the University Center Theater. The case is active, pending new information.

Theft of Service/Criminal Mischief: A staff member reported seeing an unknown driver raising the parking garage gate arm and exit without paying. The gate arm is now inoperable. The incident occurred at 6:49 p.m. Jan. 29 in the University Hilton Hotel Garage. The case is active, pending new information.

Assault: A student reported a physical altercation between himself and a female student. Both parties were separated and no charges filed. Referrals were issued to both students. The incident occurred between 10 and 10:10 p.m. Jan. 29 at Cullen Oaks Apartments. The case is cleared by referrals.

Criminal Trespass: A nonaffiliated individual with a previous criminal trespass warning was found sleeping in a study room. The individual was arrested and released to Harris County Jail. The incident occurred at 11:29 p.m. Jan. 29 in the Cullen Oaks Apartment. The case is cleared by arrest.

Traffic Offense: A student reported that someone was witnessed hitting her parked car and departing the scene without leaving information required by law. The incident occurred at 3:55 p.m. Jan. 30 in the Stadium Parking Garage. The case is inactive.

Resisting Arrest/Search/Transportation/Assault on a Public Servant/Public Intoxication: A student was arrested and transported to Harris County Jail after assaulting a security officer and resisting arrest. The student was also issued Residential Life and Student Life Referrals. The incident occurred between 11:19 and 11:21 p.m. Jan. 30 near Bayou Oaks Apartments. The case is cleared by arrest.