Alumni

From UH to Humble City Council

Norman Funderburk has a long history with UH, and since his time as a mechanical engineering student, he has focused his efforts on contributing to the Humble community. After announcing his candidacy in mid-January for a seat on Humble City Council, he filed his application Jan. 29.

“So it’s official: I’m on the ballot,” Funderburk said to Your Houston News.

Funderburk’s father graduated from UH with a bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering with support from the GI Bill after supporting the nation’s efforts in WWII. Funderburk spent his time at UH during the glory days when Bill Yeoman was the head football coach and Guy V. Lewis served as head basketball coach.

He serves as vice president of Project Services for Koch Speciality Plant Services Inc.

Throughout the years, Funderburk has remained involved within the Humble community, where he was raised and attended high school. He also serves as the authority vice president and is a member of the Finance Committee of the Northeast Hospital Board of Authority.

“I believe that my track record of service in the community speaks to the level of pride, dedication and commitment that I have for the city and its citizens,” Funderburk said to Your Houston News. “My work experience, combined with 15 years of service on the NE Hospital Board of Authority, has prepared me to serve the citizens of Humble in this role.”