Recipe: Valentine’s brownie in a mug
For many students, single or not, Valentine’s Day is a day of indulgence in delicious chocolaty treats.
This delicious brownie cake-in-a-mug recipe can be enjoyed alone or with a special someone.
Dress it up in a Valentine’s-themed mug for a quick and easy gift.
This recipe calls for no blender, cake pan or oven. All that is needed to create this rich and moist dessert are a few ingredients, a spoon, a mug, a microwave and about five minutes of preparation.
Makes 1 serving
You will need:
- Large mug
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (canola or vegetable oil will also work)
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk (whole or non-fat will also work)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ standard-sized chocolate bar, chopped into chunks (1 tablespoon chocolate chips will also work)
- Add egg and sugar to mug, and stir until combined.
- Melt coconut oil. Add coconut oil and salt to the mixture, and stir again.
- Add vanilla extract and milk to the mixture.
- Add cocoa powder, and stir.
- Add flour and chocolate chunks or chips, and stir until completely combined. Mixture should be thick with chocolate chunks.
- Microwave mug with ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
Optional toppings include:
- Whipped cream
- Scoop of ice cream
- Strawberry or caramel drizzle
- Strawberries or other fruit of your choice