Campus

Calendar: March 20 – 22

Thursday
Law: The fourth annual immigration symposium, co-sponsored by the UH Law Center, the Houston Bar Association and two other law schools, will be from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Texas Southern University law school on 3100 Cleburne St. Non-attorneys have free attendance.
Awareness: A “mock wall” symbolizing Israeli Apartheid Week will be erected along with checkpoints to have students experience firsthand the Palestinian situation from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Butler Plaza in front of the M. D. Anderson Memorial Library.
Music: A flute master class will be given by guest artist Claire Jonson from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Moores School of Music Choral Recital Hall, Room 160.
Frontier Fiesta: The three-day festival of musicians, carnival rides and a cook-off will begin at 4 p.m. with a performance by A Great Big World at 10 p.m. in Lots 20A and 20C.

Art: An experimental film screening of two movies from contemporary artist Stephanie Barber will be shown from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Blaffer Art Museum.

Friday

Health: A free diabetes screening will be given to students, faculty and administrators from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the University Health Center.

Workshop: A marketing research seminar will discuss information processing for e-commerce sites from 10:30 a.m. to noon in Melcher Hall, Room 365B. Timothy Gilbride from Notre Dame University will be the guest speaker.

Energy: America’s trajectory into the future of energy and the upcoming challenges will be discussed by senior vice president of BP Felipe Bayon from 2 to 3 p.m. in the Cullen College of Engineering Lecture Hall, Room L2D2.

Baseball: The Cougars will face off against College of Charleston from 6:30 to 10 p.m. at Cougar Field.

Music: Sonya Matoussova will present a masters cello recital from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Moores School of Music Choral Recital Hall, Room 160. She is studying in Vagram Saradjian’s studio.

Frontier Fiesta: B.o.B will take the main stage from 10 p.m. to 11:15 p.m. during the three day festivities in Lot 20A.

Saturday

Games: Staff Council will have an egg hunt, bunny parade, and games from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Butler Plaza in front of the M. D. Anderson Memorial Library.

Art: A language justice workshop open to the public will investigate the creation of functioning multilingual spaces from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Blaffer Art Museum.

Music: Leah Bobbey, from the studio of Joseph Evans, will perform a masters soprano recital from 5 to 6 p.m. in the Fine Arts Building’s Dudley Recital Hall.