Campus

Calendar: March 24 to 26

Monday

Lecture: Guest speaker David Vogel will give a talk about advancing higher education and university priorities from 1:30 to 3 p.m. in Farish Hall, Room 217.

Music: Flutist Aralee Dorough will host a master class and then perform works by Henri Dutilleux, Franz Doppler and Mike Mower in a recital from 7:30 to 9 p.m. in the Moores School of Music Choral Recital Hall, Room 160.

Drive: All week long, students can drop off new and gently used women’s suits for Dress for Success to help women who are unable to afford new attire enter the workforce. Drop-offs can occur from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Career Services Center at the University Center North, Room 201.

Luncheon: An annual campus-wide event exploring diversity-related issues will discuss the intersection of multiculturalism and faith in relation to gender during a keynote speech delivered by Craig Clayton from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Elizabeth D. Rockwell Pavilion.

Tuesday

Talk: Students in the social sciences will present their theses or research dissertations in Lightning Talks from noon to 2 p.m. in the Rockwell Pavilion on the second floor of the M.D. Anderson Library.

Workshop: A technology training workshop to train students, faculty and staff of all levels in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and other softwares in mini sessions from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the M.D. Anderson Library.

Baseball: The Cougars will face off Rice University from 6:30 to 10 p.m. at the Cougar Field.

Lecture: Business and technical perspectives of deepwater floating production units will be presented followed by a Q&A by Randolph Marek from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Cullen College of Engineering Building 2, Room E321.

Wednesday

Meeting: A faculty Senate meeting will meet to discuss issues in higher education from noon to 2 p.m. in the Rockwell Pavilion on the second floor of the M.D. Anderson Library.

Meeting: Cougar Knits will convene from 4 to 6 p.m. in McElhinney Hall, Room 104.

Lecture: Co-owner and Executive Chef of Haven Restaurant Randy Evans will give a speech and interact with students from 1 to 1:50 p.m. in the Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, Room S125.

Self-help: Counseling and Psychological Services will host a workshop on communication in romantic relationships from noon to 1 p.m. in the Student Services Center 1, Room 210D.

Session: The C.T. Bauer College of Business’s new Global Energy Executive MBA program will hold an information session from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Lone Star College, Room 200 at the Woodlands location.