Events

Country band closes weekend of concerts

PRINT-Justin-Tijerina-4953

Country Music Television award-winning duo Love and Theft touched the hearts of the crowd on Saturday evening. | Justin Tijerina/The Daily Cougar

Students screamed and crowded the Budweiser stage waving foam lightsticks as country band Love and Theft graced the stage and ended the concert series lineup for Frontier Fiesta.

Love and Theft members Stephen Barker Liles and Eric Gunderson sing lead vocals and play guitar, respectively. Love and Theft made its chart debut in early 2009 with the single “Runaway,” which reached the Top 10 on Billboard Hot Country Songs. “Angel Eyes” was its second song to reach the Top 10 on Billboard Hot Country Songs.

Love and Theft performed songs from its self-titled album, “Love and Theft,” released in 2012, as well as previously recorded songs and songs from its new album they announced will be in stores Friday.

As smoke rose from the stage, the duo appeared at their microphones and opened the show, performing the single “She Gets Me.”

Following, they performed songs from their album “Inside Out,” “Amen,” “Real Good Sign,” “Girls Look Hot in Trucks,” “If You Ever Get Lonely” and fan favorite “Angel Eyes.”

They also performed their new single, “Night that You’ll Never Forget,” and more.

After performing the final song, Liles threw his guitar pick into the crowd, and students jumped to get the signed pick from the artist.

“I loved all of it. My favorite song was ‘Let’s Get Drunk and Make Friends,’” said accounting junior Maddie Patterson.