Crime

Crime report: March 16 to Thursday

The following is a partial report of campus crime between March 16 and Thursday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at (713) 743-3333.

Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor/Driving on Sidewalk: Two unaffiliated individuals were issued Harris County citations when their vehicle was observed driving on the sidewalk at Lot 13A. One individual received a citation for consumption of alcohol by a minor and the other received a citation for driving on a sidewalk. Both were issued campus-wide criminal trespass warnings. The incident occurred at 2:29 a.m. March 16. The case is cleared by citation.

Theft: A student reported that someone stole his unattended and secured bicycle from the Welcome Center Student Parking Garage. The incident occurred between noon March 7 and 9:18 a.m. on March 17. The case is inactive.

Criminal Mischief: A student caused damage to his dorm room at Cullen Oaks Apartments and was issued residential life and student life referrals. The incident occurred between 12:22 p.m. Feb. 19 and 9:55 a.m. March 17. The case is cleared by referral.

Public Intoxication: A student was observed intoxicated and transported to Houston Center for Sobriety. The student also received student life and residential life referrals. The incident occurred at 1:15 a.m. on March 18. The case is cleared by referral.

Public Intoxication/Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor: An unaffiliated, underage individual was found asleep in a parked vehicle on Bayou Oaks Grounds, and when awakened, the individual was found to be intoxicated. A student, also in the vehicle, was found to be intoxicated. The underage individual was cited for consumption of alcohol by a minor and the student was referred for public intoxication and for providing alcohol to a minor. The incident occurred at 3:59 a.m. March 18. The case is cleared by citation.

Theft: A student reported that someone stole his unattended and secured bicycle from Cougar Place. The incident occurred between noon March 9 and 9 p.m. March 16. The case is inactive.

Criminal Mischief: A student reported that someone broke the driver’s-side door handle on his parked and unattended vehicle at Lot 4A. The incident occurred between 9:45 a.m. and 12:49 p.m. Wednesday.  The case is active, pending new information.

Assault: A student reported that his ex-girlfriend assaulted him at the Welcome Center Student Garage. The incident occurred at 1:34 p.m. Wednesday. The case is cleared by arrest.

Burglary of a Building or Habitation: A staff member reported that an annual inventory revealed that someone stole 10 UH laptops from the Science Building. The incident occurred between March 2013 and 2 p.m. Wednesday. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: A student reported that his parked vehicle was struck and damaged at Lot 19B and the striking driver failed to leave the information required by state law. The incident occurred between 1:30 and 7:05 p.m. Wednesday. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: A student reported that his parked vehicle was struck at Lot 19B and damaged and the striking driver failed to leave the information required by state law. The incident occurred between 10:30 a.m. and 7:15 p.m. Wednesday. The case is active, pending new information.

Assault: A faculty member observed two students entering an unoccupied office at Melcher Hall. One student was issued a student life referral. The incident occurred between 5:55 and 11:06 p.m. Wednesday. The case is cleared by exception.

Theft: A  student reported the theft of her secured and unattended bicycle from Agnes Arnold Hall. The incident occurred between 1:00 p.m. March 8 and 8 a.m. March 17. The case is active, pending new information.

Theft: A  student reported that someone stole his secured and unattended bicycle from Agnes Arnold Hall. The incident occurred between 4 p.m. Wednesday and 7:30 p.m. Thursday. The case is active, pending new information.

Display Fictitious, Altered or Obscured License Plate or Registration Insignia/Fictitious Inspection Certificate or Insurance Document: A student came to UHPD to dispute a citation he received earlier. While interviewing the student, it was discovered his vehicle had a fictitious temporary license plate given to him by the person from whom he purchased the car. The incident occurred at 7:20 p.m.  Thursday. The case is cleared by exception.