Crime

Crime report: April 4 to Sunday

The following is a partial report of campus crime between April 4 and Sunday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at (713) 743-3333.

Public Intoxication: An unaffiliated individual was arrested for public intoxication at Lot 19B but was refused by the sobriety center because of his condition. The individual was transported and released to St. Joseph’s Hospital by the Houston Fire Department. The incident occurred at 10:37 a.m. April 4. The case is cleared by arrest.

Criminal Mischief: A student reported his parked vehicle and two others were vandalized at Bayou Oaks Apartments. The incident occurred between 11 p.m. April 5 and 11 a.m. April 6. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: A student reported her parked and unattended vehicle was struck at the Cullen Oaks Parking Lot and the striking driver failed to leave the information required by law. The incident occurred between 12:30 and 10:30 a.m. April 6. The case is active, pending new information.

Assault: A student reported that an unknown individual attempted to assault her at Bayou Oaks Apartments. The incident occurred April 7. The case is active.

Theft: A student reported the theft of his unsecured and unattended U.S. currency from the M.D. Anderson Memorial Library. The incident occurred between 10:25 p.m. April 7 and 1:23 a.m. Tuesday. The case is inactive.

Traffic Offense: A student reported his unattended and secured vehicle was struck and damaged at the Stadium Parking Garage and the striking driver failed to leave the information required by law. The incident occurred between 11:30 a.m. and 6:10 p.m. April 7. The case is active, pending new information.

Possession of Marijuana: A student was arrested for possession of marijuana at Cougar Village 1 and released to Harris County Jail. The incident occurred at 2:41 p.m. April 8. The case is cleared by arrest.

Theft: A student reported someone stole her cell phone after she allowed him to borrow it at the Law Center. The suspect was located, arrested and transported to Harris County Jail. The incident occurred between 12:48 and 12:55 p.m. Wednesday. The incident is cleared by arrest.

Terroristic Threat: An unaffiliated individual reported that he read alarming comments on a public website. The incident occurred at 4:33 p.m. Thursday. The case is cleared by referral.

Robbery/Possession of Marijuana: An unaffiliated individual was arrested for robbery at Cullen Oaks Apartments. During the investigation, a student was arrested for possession of marijuana. Both subjects were transported to Harris County Jail. The student also received a Student Life Referral. The incident occurred at 8 p.m. Friday. The case is cleared by arrest.

Assault: Two individuals were involved in a physical domestic disturbance at Calhoun Lofts. The Harris County District Attorney declined charges because of mutual combat. An unknown substance believed to be synthetic marijuana was found in plain view and sent to the lab for testing. The two individuals were separated for the night, and the visitor was issued a criminal trespass warning for Calhoun Lofts. The incident occurred at 1:15 a.m. Saturday. The case is cleared by referral.

Public Intoxication: An unaffiliated individual was arrested for public intoxication at Calhoun Lofts. The individual was transported to Harris County Jail. The individual also received a campuswide criminal trespass warning. The incident occurred at 12:46 a.m. Sunday. The case is cleared by arrest.