Crime

Crime report: April 14 to Sunday

The following is a partial report of campus crime between April 14 and Sunday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at (713) 743-3333.

Theft: A student reported her unattended and unsecured clothes were stolen from a laundry room at Cougar Village 2. The incident occurred between 4:05 and 4:59 p.m. on April 14. The case is unfounded.

Theft: A faculty member reported on April 14 the theft of two unattended and unsecured notebooks from the College of Pharmacy. The incident occurred between April 2 and 3. The case is active, pending new information.

Burglary of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported his parked and unattended vehicle was burglarized at Lot 16D. The incident occurred between 9:40 a.m. and 3:50 p.m. on April 15. The case is active, pending new information.

Criminal Mischief: A student reported her vehicle’s driver’s-side doors were damaged at Lot 18B. The incident occurred between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. on April 15. The case is inactive.

Evading Arrest: A UHPD security officer reported there was a fight in progress at the Energy Research Park, and when a police officer attempted to stop a vehicle driven by a suspect, the suspect failed to stop. The suspect was arrested on charges of evading arrest and transported to Harris County Jail. The incident occurred at 4:10 p.m. on April 15. The case is cleared by arrest.

Theft: A student reported that someone found and picked up his wallet, which he misplaced somewhere between the Hilton UH, M.D. Anderson Memorial Library and the Outer Loop bus stop. The incident occurred between 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on April 15. The case is inactive.

Theft: A student reported a stolen package from an Engineering 1 loading dock. The incident occurred between 3:30 p.m. April 15 and 9 a.m. on Wednesday. The case is inactive.

Theft: A student reported that his secured and unattended bicycle was stolen from the bike rack between the Engineering buildings. The incident occurred between 10 a.m. and 5:50 p.m. on Wednesday. The case is active pending new information.

Criminal Mischief: A staff member reported the entry gate at Bayou Oaks Apartments had been vandalized. The incident occurred between 7 and 7:30 a.m. on Thursday. The case is inactive.

Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle: A student reported that her ex-boyfriend took her vehicle without her permission. The vehicle was returned and the complainant did not wish to pursue charges. The incident occurred between 3 and 4:04 p.m. on Thursday. The case is cleared by exception.

Assault: A student and her unaffiliated boyfriend were involved in a physical altercation at Cullen Oaks Apartments. The student was issued referrals, and the visitor received a criminal trespass warning. The incident occurred at 3:15 p.m. on Saturday. The case is cleared by referral.

Possession of Drug Paraphernalia: A student was issued referrals and a Harris County citation for possession of drug paraphernalia. The incident occurred at 11:29 p.m. on Sunday. The case is cleared by citation.