Events

Students to de-stress with crawfish at campus pool

leisure-pool

The Student Program Board and the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center will host a crawfish boil on Wednesday at the Leisure Pool for students to relax before finals. | Courtesy of Rachel O’Mara

The Student Program Board and the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center are coming together for Stress Free Finals Week with food, fun and entertainment by hosting a crawfish boil and pool party.

The event will be from 4 to 10 p.m. Wednesday at the Recreation Center leisure pool.

The Recreation Center hosts a pool party every year, but this is the first time it is partnering with SPB.

“We are taking the event to the next level this year and are bringing a caterer in to actually cook on-site. We have SPB involved with us this year, too, which is very exciting,” said Assistant Director of Aquatics Rachel O’Mara.

SPB will provide the entertainment and bring student performers and games. One of its board members will be a DJ, along with Coog Radio.

“I am looking forward to the crawfish, and I am pretty excited for the student performer, because I think it is cool that we get the opportunity to showcase students’ talents to other students,” said SPB Late Nights and Weekends Chair Ody Ezeigwe.

O’Mara said SPB is fantastic to work with, since past events hosted at the leisure pool have been a success.

“They are providing us with some great student talent — both a live performer and a DJ,” O’Mara said. “It will definitely change the atmosphere and hopefully draw more students out to the event.”