Sports Volleyball

Dedicated softball assistant coach earns promotion

After four years as Houston’s assistant coach, Kristin Vesely was promoted to associate head coach by softball head coach Kyla Holas.

Holas admires Vesely’s experience and was excited to give credit where it was due.

“This is an important step for our program and gives us an opportunity to make an even greater impact in recruiting,” Holas said. “She has really invested in this program and made a commitment to making Houston a top program nationally.”

She will continue to coach Houston’s hitters, outfielders and serve as the program’s recruiting coordinator. With her guidance during her four years as assistant coach, the offense averaged a .291 batting percentage.

Vesely is University of Oklahoma’s all-time hits leader with 293, and received many accolades from the school. In all of her four years, she was named to the All-Big 12 team. She was also an NFCA All-American in her last two seasons, and holds the record for most hits in a single season by any Big 12 player with 97.

“Coming from the program that she came from, playing in the College World Series, being a semifinalist for the USA Player of the Year and an All-American, I just think that’s a history and an experience that is needed for this group,” Holas said.

An earlier version of the headline said “Dedicated volleyball assistant coach earns promotion” Kristen Vesely is a softball assistant coach.