Crime News

UPDATE: Sexual assault suspect in UHPD custody

warrant

Suspect Billy Robinson was apprehended by UHPD Saturday afternoon. | Courtesy of UHPD

Update at 5:24 p.m. on September 14: Robinson was charged with sexual assault for his alleged involvement in a Sept. 12 sexual assault that took place in Cougar Village 2, according to KHOU. The suspect appeared in probable cause court at 11 p.m. on Sept. 13, where he was charged and had his bond set at $30,000.

Update at 7:51 p.m. on September 13: UHPD has apprehended sexual assault suspect Billy Robinson.  They plan to distribute a message shortly.

September 13, 1:48 p.m.: A UH student reported that she was sexually assaulted in her dorm room at Cougar Village 2 at approximately 1 p.m. on Sept. 12, according to a security alert sent out by the University of Houston Department of Public Safety.

According to the alert, the suspect, Billy Robinson, 18, is a known acquaintance of the student. The alert stated that the student reported there were no weapons used in the incident and that the student reported that the suspect forced himself on her and had sexual intercourse without her consent.

The alert describes Robinson as a a 5-foot-3 black male, weighing approximately 145 lbs. UHPD has obtained a warrant for Robinson’s arrest and is currently attempting to locate him, according to the alert.

UHPD declined to comment, instead directing The Cougar to UH media relations. Calls to the UHPD Sergeant-on-duty’s direct phone line were not returned. At press time, the UHPD campus crime bulletin has not been updated to reflect the alleged rape.

It is unclear at this time if Robinson is a UH student.