Music

New rap single feels the pressure

Freshman rapper Logic Drops new single “Under Pressure.”

Logic, an American rapper born in Maryland, has released four mixtapes, and has gained an enormous amount of followers in the underground hip-hop market. Currently signed with Visionary Music Group and Def Jam Recordings, Logic is preparing to release his debut album.

Inspired by artists like Wu-Tang Clan, Jay Z and A Tribe Called Quest, Logic has been making waves across the Internet and has already worked with big-name artists such as Childish Gambino and Big Sean. Logic has admitted in interviews that both his parents were addicted to drugs while he was growing up, and has said that his ambition and work ethic are tools he developed to escape his troubled environment.

With “Under Pressure,” produced by Logic himself, the up-and-comer shows off his skills behind the boards and the mic. Rapping over a hard-hitting beat, Logic’s crisp and furious flow speaks of his personal demons, managing the increasing attention of women and the downside of his rags-to-riches story.

“Under Pressure” is a slick and clever track, and is a great sample of what we can expect from this incredible artist. Be sure to listen to this first single and grab Logic’s debut album of the same name releasing on Oct. 21.