Crime News

Crime Report: Sept. 29 to Monday

The following is a partial report of campus crime that occurred between Sept. 14 and Monday. All information is selected from the files of the UH Department of Public Safety. Information or questions regarding the cases below should be directed to UH DPS at 713-743-3333 or [email protected].

Sept. 29:

Theft: contractors at Energy Research Park reported construction material was stolen. The incident occurred between Sept. 26 and Sept. 29. The case is active pending new information.

Theft: a student reported his unattended flash drive stolen. The case is active, pending new information.

Burglary: a student reported his unsecured motor vehicle and parking permit stolen. The case is active pending new information.

Terroristic Threat: The commanding officer of UH Air Force ROTC detachment reported the AFROTC site received a threat towards ROTC cadets. Word was passed through chain of command. The case is active, pending new information.

Burglary: a student reported his unattended motor vehicle bulgarized and damaged at the Stadium Parking Garage. The case is active, pending new information.

Sept. 30

Possession: A student reported she found a bag of marijuana at Cougar Village.  A UHPD officer took possession of the contraband. The case is active pending new information.

Sexual Assault: An unaffiliated individual reported a UH student had been sexually assaulted several months ago. According to the individual, the student has not contacted UHPD due because the student did not want to file a report. The case is active, pending new information.

Traffic offense: a student reported another driver struck her vehicle and did not stop to exchange information as required by the state. The case is active, pending new information.

Traffic offense: a student reported someone hit her car and failed to stop and exchange information as required by state law. The case is active, pending new information.

Oct. 1

Theft: members of the UH basketball team discovered some of their personal property was stolen from their temporary locker room at the Hofheinz Pavilion. The case is active, pending new information.

Oct. 2

Theft: A staff member reported pieces of university property stolen from the Grounds Department vehicle. The case is active.

Traffic offense: A student reported her vehicle was hit and damaged by another driver; the driver failed to stop and exchange information as required by state law. The case is active.

Burglary: A UH visitor reported someone broke into his secured vehicle and stole some personal items at the stadium parking garage. According to UHPD’s investigation, the suspect was seen breaking into and entering the vehicle. The case is active, pending new information.

Traffic offense: A student reported his unattended vehicle was hit and damaged by another driver; the driver failed to stop and exchange information as required by state law. The case is active, pending new information.