Crime News Uncategorized

Student robbed near parking lot 15H

A UH student was reportedly robbed on-campus on Oct. 21 near parking lot 15H.

At approximately 9 p.m., the student reported to UHPD that she was robbed by three, unarmed black men on sidewalk off of 3800 Elgin Street.

The student was reportedly approached by the three young men, when one of them grabbed her in an attempt to grab her cellphone, she said. The same suspect then allegedly punched her in the head, which knocked her to the ground and proceeded to grab her bag, full of personal items including a laptop, and fled on foot, according to a police report.

The student described one suspect as having a thin build, dark complexion and wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans. The suspect is also said to be between the ages of 13 and 15.

If you have any more information, contact UHPD at 713-743-3333 or email them at [email protected].

• The three suspects were just demonstrating their natural behavior. After all, they are in their habitat. She shouldn’t have let them near her in the first place. I’ll bet they yelled” Hey, can I axe u sumfin?”

• Where are the police and/or security guards? I hope this incident puts some pressure on U of H to increase the security on campus after dark! I am glad to hear the young lady was not seriously hurt! The next victim may not be so fortunate.