Music

Five songs to boost your workout

Taking the time to workout, whether at the gym or at home, can be a struggle. Thankfully, music has the ability to move not only the soul, but also the body.

A playlist tailored to the amount of time you plan on breaking a sweat will make it easier to be inspired and get through the last twenty minuets of your workout. Below are five songs that will make stepping up to the plate — or the treadmill — easier.

1. “Beware the Dog” by The Griswolds. The upbeat tunes in this indie track will instantly brighten your mood. It’s perfect to play while dragging yourself out of bed or warming up.

2. “Bodypop” by TJ Carter. The song is the brainchild of YouTube POP Pilates instructor Cassey Ho, as it accompanied the debut of her active wear line bearing the same name. The lyrics are motivational and will inspire you to keep pushing right through your workout when it starts to get tough.

jogging

Having a playlist is essential for a successful workout. |  Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commona

3. “We Own It ( Fast and Furious)” by 2 Chainz and Wiz Khalifa. Featured on the “Fast & Furious 6” soundtrack, this song will certainly make you feel like a champion. The lyrics and beats are unstoppable, and you’ll feel that way, too.

4. “Baby Don’t Lie” by Gwen Stefani. One of the most iconic women in the music industry is back with a new single that is a little bit pop and a little more funk. The tune is perfect for ending any workout on the right note.

5. “Red Lights” by Tiesto. This EDM beat is great for winding down after flexing those muscles. Everything about this song is mellow and will help muscles relax.