Big week on the horizon for Cougars across all sports

With seasons coming to a close in the fall sports and those of the spring starting to emerge, this next week will prove to be crucial to each of the teams.

• The football team travels to Florida on Saturday to take on the USF Bulls with the hopes of increasing their winning streak to three games. The game will be broadcast on ESPNews at 3 p.m. as the Cougars look to pick another win in this rematch from last year’s Halloween game.
  • Houston’s cross country team heads to Tulsa, Okla. on Friday to take part in the American Championship. Strong recent performances hope to carry over into the last stage before NCAA regionals begin in November.
  • Cougar volleyball is just past the midpoint of regular season play and, with their second to last weekend at home, looks to make the most of the next two games with promising performances from many of the team’s players. The Cougars face off with the Tulsa Hurricane at 7 p.m. on Friday and finish out the weekend against the SMU Mustangs at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
  • With a big performance from sophomore Despoina Vogasari USTA/ITA Texas Regional Championships this past week, Houston’s tennis team has high expectations going into the coming weeks. The Cougars will host the two-day Jason’s Deli Collegiate Invitational starting Friday and hope to continue their preseason success.
  • Houston soccer finished out their regular season this past weekend with two close games against Memphis and Cincinnati. The team heads into AAC playoffs on Friday and, despite a tough regular season, solid team leaders look to make a strong impact on the Cougars’ future success.