Administration News

SFAC: Requests put a lot of money on the table

The first two rounds of SFAC presentations were held on Monday and Tuesday. Here’s the rundown of what some of the organizations are asking for and what they’ve done throughout the past school year with the money SFAC granted them last year.

The Skinny:

• The Campus Recreation and Wellness Center updated SFAC on its overall growth throughout the 2013-2014 school year. The center also began replacing old equipment (something they will do every five years) and are starting a total renovation of a natatorium pump that will close down both the leisure and lap pools starting in December. The pools should open up again in June.
  • The Health Center is requesting the same amount of money it requested last year – $1,741,541 – and has changed to electronic medical records and touch screen check-ins. The center also started OpenCommunicator, a website that allows students to book their own appointments and receive lab records.
  • The Cougar is asking for a one-time funding allocation of $4,291.40 in order to fund marketing and readership expenses and add a new board-level position, community manager, who would be in charge of social media for the organization. The Cougar’s base allocation request of $26,636.50 will also cover weekly print distribution to newsstands. That money will also be used to make the distribution street team permanent.

Among the presenters for the last two rounds of SFAC will be the LGBT Resource Center, the Homecoming Board, the Marching Band and Pep Squad and Frontier Fiesta. Presentations will be held in the SGA Senate Chamber on Friday and Monday, Nov. 3.