Fashion Life + Arts

Wardrobe Wednesday: Students play ‘the dress is right’

This Wednesday, The Cougar looks into how two students dress for the events going on in their lives.

[tabgroup][tab title=”Vicky Lepham”]

Pictured right is advertising senior Vicky Lepham.
Her dress is from Topshop, her necklace is from Zara, and her shoes are from Nine West.

Vicky Lepham: I dress up all the time but specifically more today because I’m an officer for AAF (American Advertising Federation), and today is one of our agency tours. I believe that in this industry, you never know who you are going to run into (and) who might be an asset, so you should always look presentable.”

The Cougar: Is there anything you’re looking forward to?

VL: My birthday is coming up this Sunday, but I won’t be celebrating it since I’m a senior and school is my number one priority. But oh well, adult problems. It’s okay, because my favorite holiday, Halloween, is coming up. I take my costumes very seriously. Right after the incident of the World Cup happened against the Italian team, it inspired me to be the vampire version of Luis Suarez.

TC: That’s hilarious. What would you say is your best trait?

VL: I’m very patient and I put others ahead of myself sometimes. It can be very bad. I thrive off of stress. If I wasn’t stressed, then I wouldn’t be doing anything. It drives me and it’s good because it’s my last year. Obviously, I want to enjoy my last year, even if I am tense. It’s all worth it in the end.

[/tab]

[tab title=”Sarah Nielsen”]

Pictured left is psychology junior Sarah Nielsen.
Her dress is from a thrift shop on 19th Street, her shoes are from Steve Madden, and her purse is from Dooney & Burke.

Sarah Nielsen: I’m a complicated person. If we’re talking about my style here, I like to go thrifting a lot. There’s a lot of good finds if you’re willing to dig.

TC: Do you feel like that’s a metaphor with the way you see things?

Nielsen: I guess so. I’m a little bit of an old soul. I tend to like saving a buck. I don’t really care too much about brand names. I have my own unique style. I like a lot of classic movies. Cult classics. A lot of music from the ’90s. I don’t really have any social media accounts or keep up with anything that’s going on. I just do my own thing. I like what I like, I don’t really care what anybody else likes.

TC: What kind of music do you like?

SN: I like a lot of rock and metal. My favorite band is Tool. I like Pink Floyd and Radiohead.

TC: That’s interesting that you don’t keep up with social media. It’s really rare these days.

Nielsen: My thing is, I care about what I’m doing. And that sounds really selfish. I know that nobody else really cares what you’re doing. They just like to put their own stuff out there. It’s super narcissistic and I’m not like that. I kind of just keep to myself most of the time. I’m not the kind of person who needs a giant posse around me, but I am pretty outgoing when I go out. I still like to go out to bars, but usually if I have the choice, I just stay in and watch movies and drink beer with my friends.

[/tab][/tabgroup]