Saturday, July 29, 2017

Swimming & Diving

Cougars ready to dive back in after three weeks off

The Houston swimming and diving team is set for separate events this weekend after taking nearly three weeks off from competition.

The Cougars will split up this weekend. The swim team will host the Pearland Invitational from Friday through Sunday while the diving team heads to the Texas Invitational, hosted by No. 2 Texas, from Thursday through Saturday.

The Cougars will face Tulane, North Texas and Rice in the Pearland Invitational. The meet will include 18 events, with 13 individual events and five relays in a championship format, to prepare the Cougars for the conference championship.

The diving team is set on a bigger stage this weekend as they face off with Texas, Wyoming, California, Hawaii, TCU, Arizona State, Kansas and LSU at the Texas Invitational. The last competition for the diving team yielded multiple podium finishes against North Texas, Texas A&M and SMU.

After this weekend’s competition, the Cougars will start their winter break competing in the AT&T Winter National Championships from Dec. 3 to 6 in North Carolina.

sports@thedailycougar.com

Tags: , ,

Does the construction along Spur 5, which will eventually impact the U.S. 59 north and south on-ramps from I-45, affect your commute to class?

• Yes, my commute will be dramatically different and much longer (36%, 38 Votes)
    • My commute will be slightly impacted, but it's not too much of a nuisance (29%, 31 Votes)
    • I don't commute/ I never use I-45 or Spur 5 (23%, 24 Votes)
    • I commute but had no idea about the construction (12%, 13 Votes)

Total Voters: 106