City Life + Arts

Weekender guide: Nov. 21 to 23

Five things to do at UH this weekend:

UH volleyball

The women’s volleyball team takes on the University of South Florida at 7 p.m. today in the Athletics/Alumni center.
Price: Free

UH football

When sophomore receiver Deontay Greenberry came to UH, he was the first five-star recruit ever for the football team. | Courtesy of UH Athletics.

Come out and show support for the Cougars as they play their last home game against Tulsa.  |  Courtesy of UH Athletics

The Cougars play their last home game at 11 a.m. Saturday in TDECU Stadium against the University of Tulsa.
Price: Free with student ID

UH basketball

The men’s basketball team plays against Morgan State University at 7 p.m. Saturday in Hofheinz Pavilion.
Price: Free

UH volleyball

The women’s volleyball team battles the University of Central Florida team at 1 p.m. Sunday in the Athletics/Alumni center.
Price: Free

Timothy Hester: Pianorama!

Moores School of Music piano professor Timothy Hester is playing on six different pianos for this performance: harpsichord, two fortepianos, modern grand piano, toy piano and celeste. The performance is from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Sunday at the Moores Opera House.
Price: $7 with student ID

Five Things to Do in Houston This Weekend:

Air China Presents Metropolis!

30 performers from Houston’s sister city in Shenzhen, China come together in a Broadway-style musical that incorporates Chinese and Western performing arts and is performed in Mandarin and English. The event is at 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday at Miller Outdoor Theatre
Price: Free

Urban Asia: Kirk Pederson

Kirk Pedersen explores urban Asia through a camera lens with works that highlight the ongoing struggle between residents and their city to encourage growth but also preserve history. The exhibition can be viewed from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday at Asia Society Texas Center, located at 1370 Southmore Blvd, Houston, TX 77004
Price: Free

Ground Zero 360: Never Forget

New York-based Irish photographer Nicola McClean documented the events happening around her on Sept. 11, and those photographs became the “Ground Zero 360: Never Forget” exhibit at the Holocaust Museum Houston. The photos depict the confusion, panic and chaos that surrounded the fall of the World Trade Center. The museum is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Price: Free with student ID

Winter Holiday Art Market

Fresh Arts is hosting the Winter Holiday Arts Market where visitors can enjoy and purchase art and food while local musicians liven up the atmosphere. The market is from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at Winter Street Studios, located at 2101 Winter Street Houston TX 77007.
Price: Free

Rosinka Thanksgiving Funday

Rosinka Company is offering free Old World wine tasting as well as the chance to learn how to paint with wine from a professional from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday at their store located at 2509 Rice Blvd, Houston, TX 77005.
Price: Free