Volleyball

Kullerkann selected for First Team All-Conference

WEB-Justin-Tijerina-0227

Senior outside hitter Kadi Kullerkann was the leader of the Cougars’ offense this year and totaled a conference-leading 644 kills and topped the Houston roster with a .274 hitting average. | File Photo/The Cougar

Senior outside hitter Kadi Kullerkann has been a huge part of the Cougars’ success this year and was rewarded Dec. 1 with a unanimous selection from all 11 American Athletic Conference volleyball head coaches to the First Team All-Conference.

Kullerkann averaged 5.03 kills per set in her final season at UH, leading the AAC with 644 total kills. Kullerkann also finishes out the season in third for total kills and total attacks, fifth in the nation for kills per set, third in Cougar history for kills in a single season and holds the new conference record for most kills and kills per set in a single season.

Kullerkan led the conference with 686.5 points on the season, averaging 5.36 points per set after playing in all of the team’s 32 matches and all but one set.

The senior led the Cougars with a .274 hitting average this season, as well as set a conference record when she totaled 37 kills on Sept. 19 against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.

“Kadi is an amazing person and I am blessed to have coached her and will miss her greatly,” said head volleyball coach Kaddie Platt in a release. “We are thankful for her dedication to the Houston program.”