Crime News

UHPD investigating two robberies

UHPD is currently investigating two robberies that occurred on-campus Monday morning.

The first robbery occurred at approximately 12:24 a.m. when a visitor working at the Wortham Theater reported his cell phone had been stolen as he was walking back to his car, according to a security alert released by the University. The suspect, a black male who was allegedly driving a silver Toyota Camry drove up to the victim and asked to use his cell phone. The suspect then allegedly drove off with the cell phone after the victim handed it over. The victim reported that he injured his back after falling down during the incident.

The second incident happened around 9:23 a.m. near the first floor of the Cullen Oaks Apartments parking garage. The suspects, two black men between the ages of 19 and 25, allegedly approached the student and demanded his property, which included his laptop, backpack and phone. One suspect allegedly pulled out a dark semi-automatic handgun and, after acquiring the property, fled in a 2013 white Nissan Altima.

If you have any information about the incidents, contact UHPD at 713-743-3333.

• Pattern of armed Black males robbing students on campus? Impossible!
    1)UH is a gun-free zone
    2)armed Black males robbing students are more than 99.999% UNLIKELY to be members of the racist NRA.
    3)armed Black males do not rob students. They merely solicit donations from students who are generally over-privileged Whites and Asians.
    4)The Black males who even beat up White women on campus while taking their cell phones and laptops are not misogynists. After all, feminism’s enemy is the White male.

5)Diversity ONLY creates positive effects. Diversity creates ONLY benefits for society. The “victims” of these “robberies” (income redistribution) are the people who benefit the most from diversity.

• Hating Blacks? No way. I love diversity. I hope Houston becomes 80% Black, It will boost the economy and lower the crime rate!

• Diversity is what makes Houston so great! Many neighborhoods such as Alief are shining examples of the positive effects of diversity:

“At the same time that the African American, Hispanic, and Asian populations increased, the white population decreased.[52] Researchers cited social class differences as the reason most white people moved away from Alief.[52]
          People with greater financial means of all ethnicities moved to further
          outlying suburbs with greater amenities and better performing schools
          during the period, while people with lesser financial means moved into
          the area to take advantage of newer housing and better amenities and
          schools than those that they left behind.[52] The change was seen disproportionately in the white population since the white population was disproportionately wealthier.[52] Allen G. Breed of the Associated Press
          wrote: “Alief is an impoverished, multicultural enclave where many of
          the business and street signs are in both English and one of several
          Asian languages. The district’s 47,000 students speak nearly 70 tongues,
          and the number of students qualifying for free or reduced lunch over
          70%.”http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alief,_Houston

• It is really sad that instead of freely giving cell phones and laptops to Black youths in need, too many racists at UH refuse to do so until a Black guy points a gun at them. Then these racist students have the audacity to report it as a crime to UHPD. UH students need to check their privilege. Why do you racists get money from daddy to buy a laptop while underprivileged minorities use a gun to get one? Did any of you take sociology?

• Two out of three guys this week and two guys last week wore hoodies while robbing UH students. They were paying tribute to Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin.